Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Waiting for the House to Sell

Our realtor stopped by today.  Good news and bad news.  Good news is that there are 6 houses in the Chardon zip code that are in the same price range that we are.  The bad news is that there are over 200 houses for sale.  I think that it's also good news that the majority of them are priced higher than our house.  There are people that are interested in buying, but have to sell their house, so she thinks that when it gets to be the Sept/Oct - that people will realize that the $8,000 tax credit is going to disappear Dec 1 (i think) and they better buy a house.  She think houses will sell like dominoes - I hope she's right.  I do feel better after her visit.  Like I told Phil, if it's meant for us to go cruising, the house will sell.     Our realtor did mention that there are several houses that have a contracts on a contingent basis - and many of these are short sells - which means that they are offering less than the outstanding loan on the house, so the banks has to approve these types of contracts.  
My friend Debbie N. says that I should bury Saint Thomas by my front door with his feet towards the road.  Anyone have a Saint Thomas statute???  just kidding.

No comments:

Post a Comment