Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Ice Boating on Elk Lake - Friday & Saturday

Here is me working on my school work in the workshop. Jack and Kelly Jacobs, our hosts, have wireless internet, and as the wind was not blowing, I decided to get my case study and exam completed so hopefully I could play on Saturday.
Friday was spent putting together the iceboats and waiting for the wind to get strong enough to sail. It never did, so we decided to have lunch at Pearl's Restaurant in Elk Rapids. It is a New Orleans style restaurant which accounts for the alligator with mardi gras beads hanging from the ceiling. Also they had quite the collection of glass ware displayed on the walls.Saturday was another day, so we enjoyed making new friends. There were a few other women there besides Kelly and I - one Molly D. who is a PNP (pediatric nurse Practitioner) in the Cleveland area, so we have exchanged contact info as we found we have a lot in common. Above is just a few of the ice boats put together waiting in vain for the wind to rise.
The food was great and above is a few of the people eating on Al's boat trailer. This year with the temps in the upper-40's the food was set up on the ice instead of inside the work shop.

This is me bundled up next to the DN iceboat that Phil made years ago and passed on to me.
It turned out that I had one run and Phil had a couple. Sunday the wind was forcasted to be the same, so we came home a day early so that I could be at work on Monday for a day of education that I would have missed.

Thank you Jack and Kelly for hosting a great weekend party, even though we couldn't ice boat. The weather was nice and the sun was shinning and a great time was had by all.

No comments:

Post a Comment